The Zazi (Pashto: ځاځی; plur. ځاځي), also spelled Zazai, or Jaji, is a Karlani Pashtun tribe. They are found in Paktia and Khost provinces in the Loya Paktia region of southeastern Afghanistan, as well as Kurram Valley of Pakistan, but also have an effective presence in Kabul, Logar, Ghazni, Nangharhar, Kunduz, and Baghlan in Afghanistan.
Ethnicity and geography
- Aryob Zazi: in Paktia province
- Ahmad Khel : in Paktia province
- Dand Pathan: in Paktia province
- Kabul: in Kabul province
- Maidan Zazi: district in Khost province
- Kwarma (Kurram) Zazi: Kurram Agency in the Federally Administered Tribal Areas
- Abdullah Jan Jaji was founder of M/s Abdullah Jan Jaji Co,.Ltd & Afghan Shaheen industry from zazi.
- Abdul Rahman Jaji s/o late Abdullah Jan Jaji a famous Afghan business from zazi.
- Qutbuddin Hilal, Deputy Prime Minister of Afghanistan during the period of Mujahideen (Gulbuddin Hekmatyar) and member of Hezbi Islami from Zazi Maidan district.
- Nabi Misdaq, founder of BBC Pashto service.
- Najibullah Zazi (born 1985), Afghan-born man imprisoned in the USA for terrorist offenses; father is Mohammed Wali Zazi.
- Haji Mohammad Omar Khan Mumtaz Zazai,Well-know Afghan and International Businessman owner of "The Afghan Mumtaz Group Of Companies"+Tribal Chief of Ali-Khel Zazai.
- Ahmad Mumtaz Khan Zazai,The son of Mohammad Omar Khan Mumtaz Zazai and after his father passed away in 2006 became the Tribal Chief of Ali-Khel Zazai and the CEO of Afghan Mumtaz Group Of Companies.